Monday, August 12, 2013

YAAAAAA transfers make my life! 8/12/2013

Dear Family and Friends!

Wow I love you all a lot. Transfer calls have been seriously such a blessing! I loved my other companion and area with all my heart, but I just realize that I love my new companion and new area too so love just grows all around! My new companion is seriously amazing, and we have become really good friends in just a few short days. This week has been really crazy! so on Wednesday we had transfers, trying to catch trains and then the metro with stairs and crowds of people with a huge heavy load of suitcases is NOT IDEAL! it was so hard, and I'm pretty sure I had one continual prayer throughout the entire day. But Heavenly Father definitely sent His angels to help. At every stair case a man would haul our bags for us (maybe cause we stood at the bottom just staring up the stairs looking like we were about to cry....but hey it worked)! No I was so grateful for all the help we got. Then from the mission home we were actually allowed a taxi! soooo nice, and then from avtova we then got on the 5 hour bus ride to get to Peskov! So in Peskov we were basically white washed. We were going to be the second pair of sisters coming in so now there are a set of elders and two sets of sisters. Peskov is tiny. There are maybe 5 or 6 members that are active in the church, but I came to find out that there are only like 86 members TOTAL anyways! so small, so there is LOTS of work to be done. And we are on it! we are hoping to have baptisms soon :) we are so grateful for your prayers! Peskov is just beautiful and I am just loving it so far. (will send pictures soon). With the sisters we actually had to split their already not so big area book, but we are so excited to see it grow as we start getting to work! Our apartment is so nice (again I'm spoiled!) We actually got to senior couple's old apartment because they just got pulled out of here, so it's nice and huge! When we first got it we met the landlord and she gave us a harvest of cucumbers tomatoes and potatoes from her dacha! Seriously so kind. and DAD! there was a massive Zucchini there! Ya I was so excited so i am definitely going to be making some kind of makeshift zucchini bread:) We had curry last night over rice and really just having a ton of fun cooking lately. Although we didn't have water for the first 4 DAYS! and still haven't gotten hot water. So cold showers and bottled water are our best friends at the moment but soon hopefully we will get some hot water. and we have to order water which finally came last night! oh Russia:)

We have already had the opportunity to work at a Dacha, and had to push by a cow and goats to get there, they seem like they are rare to see, because all of us got pretty excited and took lots of pictures.....weird.

Sunday was interesting because like i mentioned the tiny ward. There were 6 missionaries and 5 members there. I gave a talk and lead the music and was going to play the piano but decided that I couldn't do it all so another sister came to the rescue:) We will pretty much be running church as missionaries! The language is really coming, my companion being at the end of her mission is a huge help and i feel so blessed to have her!

Well i love you all so much! thank you so much for your prayers and letters! i love you all and miss you! hope you are all doing well!

Russia Love,
сестра ейц

No comments:

Post a Comment