Dear Family and Friends!
I love you all so much! And I hope everyone is doing so good! A
shout out Happy Birthday to my adorable little brother Dominic who has
his birthday on the 21st! i love you so much buddy!
Last night we saw the moon for the first time since I've been here
in Russia! That was exciting! There is no stars here, yet, because it is
still so light at night when we go to bed! but it will start getting
super dark then there will only be around 6 hours of light a day. CRAZY!
This week was really amazing! We have a few progressing
investigators this week and they are really quite interested in the
gospel! They are definitely honest seekers of truth. :) This last Sunday morning we had a baptism in the RIVER! it was the Elder's
investigator, but the whole program was just gorgeous! we were all
outside by the side of this river with huge old brick towers in the
background and the water was so shallow! The sisters (because there are 4
of us here) sang a musical number and i also lead the music. We had
speakers and then when it was over we all had to literally run to
church. Such a good day though. In church like i said last week there
are 5 members that come every week. I played for sacrament and two
missionaries gave talks, it's very much the missionaries doing almost
everything! So different from vyborg!
This week I made Zucchini bread, and homemade applesauce! I was so excited and nothing burned!!!!
This week we also had a service project (well the four sisters) and
we completely transformed the church yard that was covered in weeds and
beer bottles, cigarettes and garbage and weeded and fixed it up to look
super cute! Will send pictures.
This is a shorter email this week sorry! but i just wanted to let
you know what's going on! My companion is absolutely amazing! I love her
so much and we work so well together!
Love you all so much! and love hearing from you!
Love your Russian Missionary
Sister Yeates
P.S. there is an amazing talk given in the Oct 2008 conference by Joseph B. Wirthlin called "come what may and love it!" it's amazing!
read it!
love you
No comments:
Post a Comment