Monday, October 14, 2013

Getting cold!! 9/24/13

Hey Family and Friends!
First things first, Happy Birthday to my Mum! I love you so much and miss you everyday! I hope you have the most wonderful birthday and know that my companion and I will be
celebrating for you big time here:) You are the best Mum I could ever ask for and I love you so much!
Transfer calls came and went last week, sorry for failing to spread the news. I GET TO STAY IN PSKOV! I am so incredibly excited! And i get to finish out Sister Kefalas's mission!
She is so amazing and I am so glad that I get to send her home! well not for the sending home part but I get to be her last companion, It's bittersweet. This week wasn't too eventful,
I got super sick and so we had to stay in a couple days. Definitely not fun at all and not being able to go out was killing me everyday!
The weather has been getting REALLY cold lately. It's been raining a ton, so we are in coats and rain boots with our umbrellas almost everyday. The Russian winter is coming! It
sounds dreadful and scary but I hear it is absolutely breathtaking and gorgeous as well! I'm definitely going to be needing to get my big fur coat and hat here soon!
The babushkas here wear at least 3546543646 layers of clothing and will yell at us if they see that we aren't as bundled up as they are. They are so funny.
All the babies here are starting to wear snow suits here too, that is the usual dress for the winters here. They just look like bundles of clothes with stacks of blankets on top of them 
in the strollers. The only visible skin are their little chubby faces, it's quite adorable. I guess in the winter all of their baby buggies have little skis that they replace the wheels with.
Pretty smart!
I don't have too much to tell about this week because we just got to email this last Wednesday because our p-day was changed! But I shall have more to write for next week for sure!
I was reading in first John this week and fell in love with chapter four. It's all about the love of God, all should go and read it. We are so lucky to have a God that loves us so incredibly
much, and we are commanded to love others, just like he loves us. I love one of the last verses in that chapter when it talks about how "perfect love casteth out all fear". Such a beautiful
line and so true! I love you ALL so much! Thank you for your constant prayers and emails!
Love your Russian Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment