Monday, October 14, 2013

HELLO! 10/14/13

Previet family and friends!
Conference was incredible! I realize that this is a little delayed because you all got to watch is last week but we just watched it this last Saturday and Sunday and it was so amazing! So powerful and such incredible talks! I really learned so much. Probably would have learned a bit more if it was in English....but gotta work with what I have :) again it was so amazing to just listen and write down feelings and spiritual promptings rather than quotes. I am still very excited to finally hear all the quotes and counsel from our leaders in English but I loved just being able to focus on my own thoughts during each talk.
This week was really great! we actually gained three more investigators just this week! there are miracles everywhere! People are coming unto Christ all the time! Maybe not as fast as others but they definitely are and the work is progressing!
Sister K and I work so well together and these last two transfers together have been so wonderful. They have been full of miracles and light. I wish I could explain everything in detail!! We really have been becoming the best of friends as well! We just celebrated our birthdays on the 10th and the 11th of this month. (we may or may not celebrate our birthdays every month, counting down the months till it is actually our birthdays). ha ha. So we just had our 3 more months till our birthdays celebration. It was quite fun and we celebrated over delicious Russian cake. Time is flying! I will be 20 in three months!
This week we did service for an investigator who really is so hilarious. Every time we go over she has us pick something up for her. From dog hair socks to pans to cabbage, we've bought it all!!! She is such a special lady we love her! She always calls us smart girls and her sweets and other "pet names" Russians use. And she was so shocked and amazed that you could "De-hair" pants using tape instead of a comb..... she praised me for the rest of the time as well as every time we see her. ha ha. Russian babushka are seriously the greatest.
We have a quote in our mission that i really love, it says "a rising tide lifts all ships". I just love that and really love how it relates to missionary work. When the announcement was made so many new missionaries responded to the call the serve, and because of that membership in the church is growing and the Lord's work is hastening! I love missionary inspiring quotes like that. And it is so amazing to be uniting together into one cause to bring others unto Christ! I love this work! And it's not only the missionaries but all of you! The members of the church are all called to be missionaries as well! We are all called to serve as Latter Day Saints! How great is our calling! Pretty incredible!
I read a verse in first nephi chapter 21 today. Verse 16 it says, "i have graven thee on the palms of my hands.." I LOVE THAT! how gorgeous are those words of the Savior. He loves us so much that He gave his life for us. And He will always remember us, we are "engraven on the palms of his hands". The marks of the nails in his palms are symbols of His love for us. He is always there for us and will never leave us. all we need to do is come unto Him. I am reminded of the picture of the savior knocking at the door with no knob. We need to open our doors to Him, because he is constantly there, knocking, calling and reaching out to us "all the day long". I know Christ lives and that He loves ALL of his children! no matter where, who, or what situation you are in. Let us remember Him, because He will never forget us!
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Love your Russian missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment