Dearest Friends and Family!!!!
WOW this transfer is flying by! Well this week was just amazing! We actually reached a lessons goal that we have been striving for, for a
long time!! :) And really it taught me that FAITH is so important! And
not
only faith but putting your faith into action! Heavenly Father
answers our prayers, Prayer works! :) No matter how small or how big
what we ask for is, if we put
action to our faith in God, anything is possible!
We had a lot of good experiences meeting with people and helping
them come closer to Christ! There was one man we were talking to and he
was really just going on and on and on about religion and was kind of
bible bashing a bit. And we could hardly get a word in! Yes, it was
really frustrating but it was really interesting to hear what he was
saying. Most of it was just him bashing religions but he said, "I have
faith! but show me evidence that God is there!". When he said that it
was really interesting because if you have faith then you don't need
evidence that God is there. You just know. It reminded me of the amazing
chapter in Alma about faith (chapter 32 or 34 can't remember exactly),
when it says that faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things.
And when we show our faith, our faith grows stronger and the Spirit
testifies to us and we KNOW of it's truthfulness. It's a beautiful,
wonderful process, and it all begins with US! We need to have the faith
in God that through Him all things are possible. I really learned that
this week. This is HIS work, He will not leave us alone.
We started up English group again this week and had an incredible
turnout! 15 people! this was so amazing and we had a lot of younger
people there too! Sister and I will be teaching the beginning group! I
am really excited and it seems like some might be interested about
learning more about the gospel! We will see!
We have Zone conference this week! I am really so excited! It is so
good to learn to become better missionaries! :) President called me up
and asked me to lead the music, of course I said yes and he told me that
the theme of the conference was learning to be a dynamic leader so I
need to smile really big and show everyone that i am dynamic
while leading!! Haha funny:) so we will see if I get the job done or
not:)
We met with our investigators this week, since the split of the
area we have had VERY few investigators; but that's okay because we just
need to be working a little harder and focusing
more on our new areas! They are all doing well, there are concerns
such as icons and such, Actually that is a very big concern here,
interesting, that and they have already all been baptized
when they were babies into the orthodox church. So interesting the
different challenges in each mission! We are discovering ways to deal
with these concerns and learning while we go!
I really just love teaching! It really is the BEST thing in the
world. Being able to help someone grow in their faith in God is so
incredible. I really just love being a missionary.
The Elders contacted into some Americans the other day! They are
here as English teachers through a christian organization, so that is
really cool. We all met together the other day and
it was SO weird to talk with people who spoke English. Cause even
with companions it's a lot in Russian as well. So funny! but we got to
know them and actually they became our investigators
so it will be really cool to be able to go back and talk to them
and maybe teach them about why we were here! They already have their
"Mormons" impressions from the internet so it will be
fun and interesting to see what they "know" and put some rumors down and teach! :)
I read the October 2013 ensign this week. IT IS AMAZING! i
encourage all to read it! It talks all about missionary work and how
youth need to be preparing NOW! It really has amazing
and inspirational talks in it and I really learned so much from it!
So cool to see the church start to focus on missionary work! God's work
is hastening! and we are ALL apart of it! :)
I love you all so much!
Love, Sister Yeates
No comments:
Post a Comment