Dear Family and Friends,
I love you all so much! I am pretty sure that I start my email
every week saying that but know that it is SO TRUE! i just love you all!
:) This week was fantastic! There was lots of traveling around because I
had a visa trip as well as Zone Training! So we were heading to the
city a lot! It was so good to see friends and catch up! Zone Training
was really good. It was really a great "boost" for all of us to try to
be better! We were talking about gossip and how names need to be safe in
our mission and i loved this comment by an elder. He said, " We are an
uplifted people (being members of the church and missionaries) so let's
be an uplifting people"! That was soo cool! and really is a great
reminder that we are ALL in this together! We need to be building each other up! in our families in the church, everywhere! We are all on
the same side and have the same goal:) Such a good reminder!
Today is the 11th, which means in exactly two months I am no longer
a teenager!! woot woot! It's so weird to think I've been a teenager
this whole time! ;) My companions would make fun of me for that haha so I
am officially pulling out of the teenage years! Yes, I am very excited!
I can't believe it is already November! And Christmas is next
month! I know this is all the obvious but time is seriously flying! I
feel like just yesterday I was starting my second transfer!
So last week remember how I was talking about the rain storm that
was that day (on Monday). Later that day we were told by some babushkas
to stay inside because it was a hurricane! Haha I'm not sure how true
that was, mostly because I don't know what a hurricane is like but we
were okay and went out doing missionary work as usual! Rain or shine! :)
We got some interesting news this last week that our area is
splitting! So right now there are 3 sets of missionaries here and we
will be splitting up our area between us all! It's going to be difficult
because we are going to be giving up investigators and gaining and
such; but it'll be very good because we now get to really focus more on
our areas. We were assigned the outer area by our district leader and so
we lost all of our investigators. That was really hard; but i know that
they are in good hands. Like our President always says, we are all in
this together! All united in the work! So it was a good learning moment
for all of us!
This next week will be a lot of finding and meeting with new
investigators that have been passed over! I am so excited to be able to
continue helping these people and continue finding more! The work truly
is hastening! I've come to find that I absolutely love teaching. The
nights that we don't have lessons are really difficult, but when we have
a lesson and can see the change in the person. THAT truly is such an
incredible thing. Being able to be apart of that person's life when they
are learning about the gospel and knowing that I am in that process is
really such a privilege! Being a missionary is so incredible! We are
instruments in Heavenly Father's hands, saving souls! I love the
scripture in mosiah chapter 2 verse 34 when it says to, "render to Him
all that you have and are". And as a missionary we are asked to do that.
To give up our normal lives and sacrifice time, family, schooling and
everything to come on a mission and bring souls unto Christ. We are to
give it all up to be here, and being on my mission, I can see that it is
all worth it. This is the most valuable time of my life and I've
learned and grown so much! It really is such a blessing to be here!
Thank you all for your prayers and support:) they really make the
difference! I love and miss you all! You are all in my prayers:)
Love, Your Russian Missionary
No comments:
Post a Comment