Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hello family!! 05/04/14

Dear Family!

I am writing a bit earlier than usual today because i have a visa trip here soon so i will finish email another day.
I AM NOW AUNTIE SISTER YEATES! WOOOO seriously little Olivia Mae is the most perfect thing ever! I am so proud! :) and I can't wait to meet the little princess! 
This week was great! 
Hermitage service this week was interesting. There was over 5000 people there, they had to close the hermitage a couple times because it was so full! SOO crazy so if any of you are planning on going to the hermitage, go in the winter!:)
This last Saturday we had a super fun time helping an old babushka, since may 9th is a really big deal here, the second biggest holiday, it is victory day, she wanted to look all nice because she has an outing! so we went over and gave her a manicure and will dye and do her hair for the 9th. SO FUN! haha she is the cutest, and an investigator that has been worked with for years. She calls us her daughters since her family has pretty much forgotten about her, so sad!
our investigators are doing well. We are strengthening and teaching them. N is amazing and we are going to be meeting with her a lot this week. T was sick and didn't come to church and D and S are still struggling and such with their lives but we are supporting and helping them along! 
It snowed for about an hour on Wednesday but luckily it didn't stick! the weather was getting nicer but now there is super cold wind! ahhh summer come on! 
I love being a missionary SO MUCH!!!! Seriously it has been such a huge blessing in my life and i am so grateful for all of the many blessings it gives me and you and those around me everyday:) The gospel of Jesus Christ is so wonderful! I feel so lucky to be able to share it with the Russian people at this time! Thank you all for all of your support!
I've been studying a lot about trials lately. And i know that they are really for our BENEFIT! they are how God works with us to remind us of what is really important, to remember Him and that He is always there for us. In my life, especially on my mission there have been a lot of roadblocks, but i see now and continue to see them as learning experiences. That makes them a lot easier to get through and helps me appreciate them even though it is rough. I read Moroni 7 this week also and loved how much it talked about Hope! we really need faith WITH hope, Hope for a better world, hope for the good and look at things with a positive outlook. I even find myself counting my blessings in hard moments and that helps me realize that not "all is lost, and that the world hasn't end quite yet ;) "it will all be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end:)"
I love you all! enjoy every moment in life! make every day happy and full of love! a quote that i have loved on my mission is "Don't count the days,make the days COUNT!"
love sister Yeates

No comments:

Post a Comment